Ha ha! I finally got some time to figure out how to get the ET.XLS spreadsheet to support DMY format instead of the default MDY (US) format. It turned out to be a small change to the macros, but unfortunately required hard-coding the number of columns in the input files to make it work. As long as you aren't changing the number of columns in the TXT files, this should work for you. I also had to remove the forced "m/d" format on one of the worksheet tabs.
You can download a copy of the zipped spreadsheet here: et2_DMY_dates.zip. I also updated my www.staqs/sbtm page to include this file.
Last July I posted the latest tools-ruby scripts and received some feedback that I wasn't the only one with this problem. I fixed the date formatting problem using Excel 2003, so if anyone is using an older version of Excel too bad. ;)
As for Excel 2007, I just started using it this week. I noticed that I had to play with the Macro security settings (once you make the 'Developer' toolbar visible), and then I got it to work. I'll be playing with this a bit more in the coming days so if an update is required I'll post it here to let you know.
If you find this updated file helpful, please drop me a line to let me know. Thanks.