I Am The Arrow

One of my favourite television series was called Babylon 5. Good stuff. From time to time I recall particularly well-written scenes and moments in that series that seem to apply well to some situation happening in my life. That happened again today.

I had a meeting today that changed everything. I've spent the last decade searching for answers that apparently weren't there. Today I found a well, no a sea, of good answers. It's going to take me a while to assimilate everything and find a way to communicate it back to people. It's not the right piece of information, it's the right way of looking at things.

I said to someone this afternoon that this is the first time in 9 years that I've really learned something NEW. Something that makes me think. Something that makes me think in a new way.

For the first time in almost a decade, the phrase that comes to mind is "I am the arrow." I know where I'm going and what I need to do.

The context for that phrase is from an episode in Babylon 5 - Season 3, episode 61: "War Without End (Part Two)" There was this scene where Sinclair is absolutely certain he knows what is going to happen (in his future which is really everyone else's past - Time paradox stuff) and what he needs to do. That scene has always haunted me. It's not every day that you know with such certainty exactly what you need to do.

In all fairness, that has happened to me once before. It was the day that I started the relationship with my wife -- that was almost 20 years ago. I had no doubt. I was absolutely certain.

Unfortunately, moments like that don't come around very often. I needed to put a little note here to mark the occasion that it happened to me again today. It feels good for a change - to know the solution to a decade-long problem.


Happy St. Patrick's Day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment